Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Wrestlemania

As you know, I'm J.J.'s celebrity handler at the pool. His new friend, Preston, also has a handler, a babysitter who wears a blue, what we used to call "tank" swimsuit and cop sunglasses.

Preston asked J.J.: "Do you have a dad?"

"Yeah," J.J. said.

"Well, where is he?"

"He's at work, Preston," his babysitter said.

"My dad is really, really scary," J.J. said.

I laughed nervously. "His dad is not scary at all," I assured officer babysitter.

"No, I said, 'my dad's really, really hairy,'" J.J. said.

"Oh, well, that's true," I said.

Richie went to his first day of wrestling camp at a school called Rockhurst. Richie is always getting wrestled by Johnny and J.J. and he doesn't like it, which leads to fights. I figured, maybe if Richie knew what he was doing, he would like wrestling, and my boys could be happy barbarians all day long.

Last night, I told Justin that Richie had gone to wrestling camp.

"Did you learn to jump off the high rope and body slam guys?" Justin asked.

"This is real wrestling," Richie said. "Not T.V."

Richie described a move called the knife, which involved legs, and that's all I understood of it.

J.J. said that he had also been to wrestling camp. He showed us his move, which was to hold up his fists, jump and land on somebody. He must have gone to T.V. wrestling camp.

"My wrestling camp was at Nockhurst," J.J. said. I thought that sounded suspiciously like Rockhurst--and knockwurst.

Seeing my skepticism he said, "No, I mean it was at... (trying to make up a school name)...Frickin'"

"You went to Frickin' wrestling camp?" I asked.

He nodded and showed me his wrestling move again. Sometimes I think J.J. is not being totally honest with me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've heard of Fricken! and Knockwurst! I think he's telling the truth!

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home