Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Column

My monthly column runs this week (until Thursday.)

It looks like this time it is in five papers, so I'm excited about that. In fact, the newspapers are being delivered in five different municipalities. The goal is to get a weekly column, though.

The link is:

http://www.kccommunitynews.com/articles/2007/06/25/sun_tribune/opinion/a.st.opi.heos.dandelions.txt

It's the one about the dandelions.

I'm pretty much reworking blog topics to be columns since that is where all my ideas are. The funny thing is: I can never judge what people might like. Any ideas about which blog I should choose for the July column?

I'm also including a form letter you can send to my editors to encourage them to continue publishing the column:

Dear Editor:

Columnist Bridget Heos is every bit as good of a writer as (circle one: Aesop/Jane Austen/my fourth grader).

She knows how to tackle the big issues of the day, including ants and dandelions.

While reading these columns, I laughed until I cried and wept until I cackled hysterically. I was such an emotional wreck, I couldn't even go to work. (Are you hiring, by the way?)

You should pay her $5 billion for each column. Or $5, at least.

Thank You,
(Your Name)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so funny!!! I loved the column - laughed out loud at work - several times! that was a great one! I'll let you know some of my favs!

6:47 AM  
Blogger Faith said...

Wait...do you have more than one blog? Or did you mean to ask us which "post" you should choose for your July column?

Just checking. To be clear, the actual "blog" is the thing you publish on. The items you publish are called "posts". I haven't checked, and actually just came over here due to a post I stumbled upon at TKC about you, but thought I'd make sure you knew. Maybe you're newer at this than me, I dunno...

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home