Thursday, July 30, 2009

How to Find a Wife

Richie played blocks for about an hour with J.J. today.

"You're so good with him," I said. "Do you think you'll have kids some day?"

"I don't know if I'll be able to find a wife," he said, shaking his head as if exhausted just thinking about it. "How do you find one?"

"You just look under the couch and under any blankets or pillows lying around. Check your pockets..."

"No really," he said.

"I guess it's like making friends. You go places and do things and sometimes you meet someone you want to be your girlfriend. Like if you're in a play in high school, maybe a girl you like would be in the same play."

"And then you'd say, 'Maybe we should get married'?" He asked.

"Um, I wouldn't say that probably. Maybe you could ask her out to eat. And then if you had fun together, you could go to the park one day."

"And drink milkshakes?"

"Sure."

"Or coffee because you'd be old enough?"

"Yeah."

"And watch your kids play?"

"Um, maybe a lot later."

"Well, I only have two girls who are my friends," he said. "So I don't know if I'll get married.

He mentioned another girl who would be his friend but is too bossy. "And she's always tired," he added. "Robert is sometimes tired, but I like him because he plays Whiffle ball."

That reminded him of something he wanted to do. He looked around for his bat and ball. He looked in the closet and under the couch and finally outside, where it was laying on the grass. I guess baseball stuff is easier to find than a wife.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is so funny! Poor thing- he'll probably be proposing on the playground this yr.

7:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Richie,
Not to worry. I have a feeling the girls will be lined up outside your door!

5:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home