Thursday, August 10, 2006

Bringing Business Home

Hey, readers. Thanks for sticking with me while I'm writing less than I used to.

Well...I am writing, just not blogging as much. All the sudden I've been blessed with a deluge of local magazine articles. So yesterday, somebody was dropping something by our house for a story I'm writing. I was hoping we wouldn't be home when this happened because our living room was baboon-cagish.

You know when you go to the zoo and the baboons have salad and cardboard and oranges thrown all over their cage and you look at them and say, "Have some pride, for Godsakes."

And then you go home and think, "Oops, guess I shouldn't talk."

Yesterday, books, Magic Stars, melted popcicles and blocks littered the floor, and since I was writing during naptime, I didn't have time to clean it up. In fact, when the business man wrang the doorbell, I thought of yelling, "Oh my God we've been burglarized. And they trashed the place."

But I didn't.

So I answered the door and he said quizically, "Bridget?"

Then I thought I'd say, "No, you have the wrong house. Bridget lives in the house with no weeds or dead flowers out front. The one with the new paint job and roof."

And then I'd go pick it up.

But, you know, honesty is the best policy, so I owned up to my identity. Only later did I realize my eyebrows were colored orange when I opened the door. I had been massaging between my eyebrows with an orange crayon while I read Richie a book. You know--like how you rub your temples with your fingertips. I didn't know that crayon marks on skin. But I guess it does.

So it looked like I purposely gave myself an orange unibrow. Cute.

Well, I got the story done anyway. The boys have a friend over. J.J. is walking all over the place and has a new favorite food: 7-layer salad. A lot happens in a few days and I miss recording it. Also, writing everyday helped me put a positive spin on things. But if the writing work keeps coming, I can't complain. Even if it means showing our chaotic house to the tidy business world. See...I'm thinking positive already.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bridget,
It is all a balancing act, isn't it? So the only thing you can do is prioritize it all. The housecleaning was always on the bottom of my list (it still is). There are always so many more important and interesting and fun things to do in a day than cleaning! It gets done eventually. Don't every apologize because you have your priorties exactly where they belong. Love you!

4:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry about us, the fans will be here when you return.

Stack that Paper!

5:07 AM  
Blogger Sondra said...

I missed your blog Bridget but glad to hear that things are going good for you with work stuff. I wish you got a picture of the orange uni-brow!

5:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So funny - I'm LOL!!! One of my friends used to babysit you at her house and it was always a huge mess - not now - it's perfect. But I loved her for her mess and loving you more than her house!!! We'll love you - baboon-messy or not!

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home